Porath's English 10

"Coming together, sharing together, working together, succeeding together." ~Unknown. Together, in this blog, students of English 10 will have the opportunity to share and extend their learning beyond the classroom walls.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Closure

Excerpted from Catcher in the Rye Activity Pack from Prestwick House

In chapter 1, Holden has been expelled from the prep school, and he is trying to bring closure to his experience there. Holden tells the reader,

“What I was really hanging around for, I was trying to feel some kind of a good-bye. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad goodbye or a bad good-bye, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse. (pg. 4)


Write about a time that you had to leave a place or bring closure to an experience. Include:

  • When
  • Where
  • Who was involved – their relation to you
  • Why you had to leave or end the experience
  • What you did to say good-bye
    First,
    Second,
    Third,
  • How things ended


Remember, this will be posted for other people to read, so don't use real names/places – use pseudonyms, and don't post anything you don't want others to read and comment on.

Make sure you write this in a document before posting and SAVE it. You will need to return to this story later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home